This is not an April Fool’s Joke – I’ve actually been nominated for an award. Thank you Peace, Love & Fabulous Things for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!
First of all, I haven’t been nominated for an award since I was a kid. Second of all, I can’t believe anyone cares what I have to say, especially enough to give me a shout out!
What is this Versatile Blogger Award? This is the way it works:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Again, Thank you to the very clever and creative Rachel at Peace, Love & Fabulous Things
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, I will pay it forward. I therefore nominate the following bloggers:
- TrishaDM‘s blog “At least we made it this far…”: She’s a 4th yr Medical student passionate about Palliative Care and insightful on a daily basis
- Scout & Nimble: Great looking blog with creative and stylish crafts – she’s inspired me to attempt a few crafts. Stay tuned, I’ll post results on my success…
- The Blumen Art Gallery: a US woman’s musings on life in Germany
- Can You Stay for Dinner?: another sensible woman who lost 135lbs and gained a healthy attitude towards food and exercise. Great recipes and stories.
- Robotic Rhetoric: very witty and insightful social commentary from an 18yr old in the UK who seems wise beyond his years
- A Detailed House: great site for design lovers
- PaltryMeanderings of a Taller Than Average Woman: a fellow tall woman’s take on life and society with a heavy dose of sarcasm…my kind of girl
- LeZoeMusings: another mom and creative type who posts beautiful pictures, particularly of little house projects
I realize that’s only 8 bloggers. I think 15 is kinda a random number and I should get to choose how many I want to nominate. As I see more blogs I like, I will certainly give them a shout out….
And, in case you care, here are 7 things about myself you probably do not know:
- I wanted to be an architect growing up and preferred going on home tours to sleepovers
- I’ve played classical piano since I was a kid and have been desperately trying to learn jazz piano….it’s all in an attempt to loosen up, which I’m not good at
- If I had to do it all over again I’d be an entertainment reporter. Who knew there’d be so many outlets for it? E! News if you’re reading, we can arrange something!
- I haven’t lived in the South for over 10 years and I have lost any accent I ever had, but I miss it greatly!
- I saved my parents a ton of money by closing the gap in front 2 teeth by wrapping dental floss around them and pulling it tight every night. You’re welcome Mom and Dad!
- I have won several belly flopping contests, but not since the age of 12
- I think it would be awesome to be known as Sexy Susan or Super Funny Susan, but I’m just Sensible Susan and I’m okay with that.
So thanks again Peace, Love & Fabulous Things for the award and thanks to everyone who has been reading the blog. It’s been a really fun outlet, and I look forward to sharing more with you all!
Here’s your chance to tell me how you really feel – I’ve created a little poll to see what you’d like more of here at Sensible Susan. Please take a minute to vote and feel free to comment with your own personal requests. I look forward to hearing from you!