Watching the most recent Republican debate last night I walked away more confused than ever. I’m just not in love with any of the candidates or the incumbent. Sorry, but it’s true.
Why can’t we have a young, hard-working, honest, ambitious, well-educated candidate with great stage presence and phenomenal speaking skills?
Imagine if Matt Damon ran for President.
I realize he’s a movie star, but Hollywood and Washington commingle every once in a while. I know what you’re thinking. He’s an ACTOR! When he saves he world or sounds really smart in a role it’s because he is ACTING! Well, every time we see the President in public or on television, he’s also acting. He is acting like he has everything under control. He is acting like the economy and world are heading towards a better future. He is acting that he really enjoys every single public appearance he has to make.
Why Matt Damon would be a good president:
- He’s well-educated. He went to Harvard and his alter ego Will Hunting was a well-read, math genius. See this YouTube clip from August when he rallied in defense of teachers, including his own mother.
- He can lead people. In Invictus he led the South African rugby team and helped a world leader (Nelson Mandela) bring people together.
3. He has great political potential. See the Adjustment Bureau.
4. He will do whatever it takes to get the job done, even if that includes gaining weight (like in the Informant!) or losing a ton of weight (like in Courage Under Fire).
5. He could use his alter ego, Jason Bourne, to tackle international enemies.
6. He fights for what he believes in. In 2008 Matt started Water.org to help develop clean water solutions for Africa since so many illnesses are caused by contaminated water.
7. He admits when he’s wrong. He worked hard campaigning for Obama in 2008 and recently slammed the man in Elle magazine.
“You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better.”
See the entire article here
8. He’s very likable. People voted him Sexiest Man Alive, which was kinda weird, but it means he would definitely win the popular vote.
I’m not the only one who thinks so. For better or worse, he has an endorsement from Michael Moore and there’s a Facebook page dedicated to the cause.
Sadly, I hear that his partner Ben Affleck is the one with real political ambitions.